Firm profile & history
Maltby and Prins Architects & Planners dates back to 1957. The firm started as Dennis and Freda O’Connor Architects and later changed it’s name to Dennis and Freda O’Connor and Maltby Architects & Planning Consultants. The name Maltby & Prins Architects & Planners has been in existence since 1982.
The firm has won numerous awards for it’s projects including Alberta Association of Architects awards for Michener Park at the University of Alberta, Central School Renovations and Additions, Whitecourt; Robina Baker Elementary School Addition and Modernization, Edmonton; Westakiwin School District Administration Building and a RAIC Governor General’s Medal for Architecture for the West Jasper Place Transit Centre. In 2005 we received the Mayor’s Award for Universal Design in Architecture for the Additions and Renovation to Christ Church in Edmonton